02. STARTER GUIDE
LUCRETIA
 Posted: Jun 22 2015, 06:43 AM

staff

testing 123

species: humanjob: head adminage: 24

getting a start in bellona

what is this place?
Libertas is a play-by-post panfandom rp set in the fictional sky city of Bellona. Our setting is high tech, futuristic and inspired by film noir. Characters are brought here by the city's leader, a figure known only as the Consul. They do not remember all of their past lives, and many have made new ones here in Bellona completely unaware that they have left their own world behind.

We aim to build on characters, adapting them to the setting and seeing how the pressures of their new lives shape their journeys in to the future. As such, we operate on a shipper app that focuses on future plots and relationships, and encourage our members to plot widely outside their fandom as well as have fun and play around with our futuristic setting!

what are the activity/posting requirements?
We do not have any activity requirements or word counts. We hold a monthly roll call to check to see who is around. Our members post with a variety of lengths, styles and speeds. You can find out more about how people play by reading the information provided on their OOC Account.

how do i get started?
The very minimum you need to know to play here can be found in our city information thread. If you wish to know more about out setting, you can find additional setting information in our tech in bellona thread.

Once you feel familiar enough with our concept and setting, fill out our profile template and follow the instructions in that thread. We ask that you do not include too much of your character's past in the profile. If you wish to elaborate on where your character has come from, you may do so in your member profile, which can be edited via 'my controls'.

what kind of characters can i play?
You can play any canon character from any format - literature, TV, video games, comics, etc. We have very few restrictions in regards to characters. If they can be fit in to our setting, you are more than welcome to play them here! Please be aware, however, that some authors do not like their characters used in fanfiction and RP. We ask that you do not play these characters, and respect the wishes of their original creators.

what jobs can my characters have?
There are plenty of occupations available in Bellona, to suit any kind of character. We have positions open for the Consul's advisors, as well as openings in the main branches of the Bellona city government, and their smaller branch on Port Aurelia. There are opportunities for artists, inventors, entrepreneurs and students within the city itself, as well as places for those who are less than law-abiding to hide and carry out their own work.

You may wish to consult our factions guide if you are having trouble finding a home for your character! We accept all characters and their work that fit our city setting - if you are unsure, you are welcome to message a staff member for clarification.

PMEmail
^
LUCRETIA
 Posted: Sep 10 2015, 09:34 PM

staff

testing 123

character adaption guide

Here on Libertas, we do not operate in the same way as other panfandoms might. We are focused around our tech-noir city, Bellona, and require characters to be adapted to suit their new lives rather than simply appearing in a new dimension direct from their canon. Remember that we have a memory loss mechanic - feel free to use this to better adapt your character to our setting! Below is a brief guide to adapting your character to best suit the site and, by extension, ensure that your shipper app ticks all of the points required for approval.

How will my character exist in Bellona?
Consider how the setting will affect your character. How much of their past lives do they remember? Where will they live in the city, and how does this impact their choices? You do not need to replicate how they lived in canon. We encourage creative adaption that captures the essence and personality of your character, and relates these to their new home and life. Each area of the city suits a different kind of living: Etoile Heights and the Upper Flat would suit characters who are more political or entrepreneurial in nature, while the Lower Flat would make a great home for those with a more creative mind. The Falls are ideal for those who dislike the city’s high-tech or constant surveillance, while Port Aurelia is best suited for those who seek a quieter life closer to nature.

What will my character do in Bellona?
How will your character will make their living in Bellona? Consider integrating them in to the city’s political structures, or finding a job within one of the four major areas of the city. Sometimes, a characters canon occupation may not be the best option for them in their new life. We encourage a moulding of characters to fit within the workings of our setting, whether that be in complacency with how the city operates, or in acting against it. To better get an idea of what kind of occupations may suit your characters, please review our setting information thread.

What kind of powers does my character have? Will they be needed in Bellona?
We do not recommend playing characters with a large amount of powerful abilities. Adaption is key - we ask that all powers be considered in terms of our site setting (tech-noir/cyberpunk) and in terms of medium (in this case, role-play). Powers that may work within a canons original story may not be suited for the city of Bellona, nor the form of storytelling and writing that is encapsulated by RP. It is best to err on the side of caution, by simplifying powers and ensuring that they allow for ways in which another player can respond to them. Remember, you can use the fact that your character has moved dimensions to modify and remove certain aspects of their canon powers! Powers are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and if they are deemed to be ill-suited to the site, will receive a request for modification.

PMEmail
^
LUCRETIA
 Posted: Jan 1 2016, 04:02 AM

staff

testing 123

frequent questions

do i need to use artwork for my icons?
Of course not! We only ask that your icon be a representation of your character.

what case do i register my account in?
It doesn't matter - all of the styling for the site is controlled via the CSS. You can register in all caps, in all lowercase, with proper caps, etc - everything will appear as it should be on the board regardless.

what are the seasons like in bellona?
Bellona was constructed as a perfect utopia in the sky: there are countless measures in place to ensure the temperature and weather remain stable throughout the year. However, this is not perfect, and the city does experience occasional severe storms due to its location in the sky.

Can I suggest additions to Bellona?
Please do! You can do this by either posting in the suggestions board, or contacting a staff member directly.

What if I decide to drop a character?
Please notify us in the moderation topic. Their past will remain in other character's memories, and if you decide to re-app them you can take them from where their story has been left off. You may also start fresh, although this does not affect the memories other characters may have.

Can I play a Minor character/POV character/Silent Protagonist?
Of course! The only character types we do not allow on Libertas are those such as the player character in Skyrim, where they are completely controlled by the player themselves.

Can I play a two-in-one character (partners, split personality, etc)?
This is something that we assess on a case-by-case basis. Our blanket guideline is this: if the two (or more) components can conceivably exist separate from each other, they can not be apped as a single entity. Each character must be an individual, self-contained character.

my question isn't listed!
If you have any other problems or questions, please contact a staff member and we will get back to you ASAP.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

RPG-D a resource community RPG Initiative An 18+ Witchcraft RPG ELDER TALE: a log horizon rpg Requiem Age of Heroes For Queen & Crystal Yuri/Yaoi Roleplay SWEET SERENITY, A SAILORMOON RPG MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP
libertas was created by lucretia, influenced by the bioshock games. banner & setting images from dramatical murder, favicon from yusuke kamiyamane. if you have any problems or queries please contact a staff member.